New Englanders have always found a way to embrace winter’s inevitable arrival, whether that’s via holiday cheer, winter sports mania, or long-overdue romance. Very few four-season destinations rival Camden, Maine, thanks mainly to Camden Harbour Inn, a Relais & Châteaux Top Destination. Winter has always been doubtlessly romantic, especially during fresh snowfall or early-morning hoarfrost. Camden Harbour Inn’s renowned staff knows this better than most. Thus, the concierge team compiled 15 unique winter date ideas to enhance an already stellar getaway to picturesque MidCoast Maine.
15 Romantic Winter Date Ideas: Embrace the Season
Embracing winter comes naturally to Maine residents as the region allots seemingly countless outdoor pursuits. It doesn’t hurt that autumn swiftly gives way to the holiday season, which most travelers use to visit scenic locations far away from the city’s clutch. To no one’s surprise, Camden remains a sublime winter wonderland with coastal waves, valley overlooks, historical charm, and sophisticated inns.
The team hand-selected 15 distinctly romantic winter date ideas, ranging from craft beer flights to live theater and a four-course fine dining experience.
- Start date night with a steaming cup of joe and a baked good at a local coffee shop, such as Zoot Coffee or Owl & Turtle Bookshop Cafe.
- Visit the Camden Snow Bowl, an alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, snowboarding, and toboggan mecca.
- Enjoy a candle-lit, three-course dinner at Natalie’s, followed by a nightcap, fueled by the house mixologists.
- Receive a bevy of spa treatments at Camden Harbour Inn, such as a Swedish massage or neuromuscular therapy.
- Sample a bevy of artisanal ales at an award-winning craft brewery (or two), with potential stops at Blaze Brewing, Oxbow, and Odd Alewives.
- Watch a live performance at the historic Strand Theatre in nearby Rockland.
- Enroll in a Camden Harbour cooking class (or wine tasting).
- Go snowshoeing inside Camden Hills State Park’s sprawling, 5,710-acre landscape.
- Embark on a self-guided MidCoast Maine wine tasting tour.
- Stride into the vast MidCoast Maine wilderness on a half-day cross-country skiing expedition.
- Stroll into a couple of local museums, including the Farnsworth Art Museum, Maine Lighthouse Museum, or Center for Maine Contemporary Art.
- Drive along the coast to a handful of oft-photographed MidCoast Maine lighthouses.
- Go shopping for artisanal, high-end products in downtown Camden.
- Climb aboard a wintertime helicopter tour.
- Venture off-site to The Jack for a cocktail and some bocce.
Helpful hint: Don’t forget to bookmark these 15 winter date ideas for future reference.
Romantic Winter Getaways in New England: Camden Harbour
Start and finish each glorious day of snow-packed adventure, fine dining, and downtown shopping at Camden Harbour Inn. It’s not often that travelers stumble upon a historic, modern-European landmark that plays host to a AAA Four-Diamond restaurant and a Relais & Chateaux guest experience. Each guest room is a visual masterpiece that utilizes the coastline’s rocky, densely-forested landscape as a stellar backdrop. In-room luxuries include gas fireplaces, walk-out balconies, illy espresso makers, king beds, air baths, and private saunas.
To book a long-awaited, well-deserved wintertime escape to Camden Harbour Inn, please check availability online.