As we rapidly approach the much-anticipated summer season, which is highlighted by heartwarming weddings, romantic honeymoons, and world-class sailing expeditions, we welcome thousands of guests to our luxury Relais & Châteaux hotel. Camden Harbour Inn, one of the premier Midcoast Maine wedding venues, is just a three-minute stroll from the edge of downtown Camden Maine. While you’ll want to spend as much time as possible sailing in Penobscot Bay, savoring gourmet cuisine at Natalie’s, and receiving soothing spa treatments, we highly recommend walking downtown for some excellent Camden Maine shopping.
Camden Maine Shopping: Top 10 Shops
We’ve compiled a list of our ten favorite Camden Maine shopping experiences, ranging from designer clothing to fresh-made chocolate truffles.
- Uncle Willy’s Candy Shoppe – For those with a sweet tooth or a chocolate obsession, don’t skip Uncle Willy’s. They have the area’s best chocolate truffles, fudge, and collection of obscure candies.
- JoEllen Designs – JoEllen is one of our favorite stops along the Camden Maine shopping trail, primarily because of their designer wool rugs, pillows, and dinnerware.
- Small Wonder Gallery – Whether you’re aiming to observe local art or hoping to return with a masterpiece, Small Wonder is the best bet for vacationing art lovers.
- Theo B. Camisole & Co – If you’re aiming to spice up your love life during your New England honeymoon or romantic getaway, we recommend browsing the fine lingerie at Theo B. Camisole.
- Owl & Turtle Bookshop Café – Purchase a steaming cup of gourmet coffee and a fresh-baked scone before strolling upstairs to peruse through the bookstore, which is filled with many of the latest hits as well as classics.
- Once A Tree – You don’t have to be a lover of fine woodworking to appreciate the craftsmanship at Once A Tree, a jaw-dropping collection of woodworks created by artists from across the region.
- The Smiling Cow – If you’re hoping to return home with a souvenir to commemorate your trip to Midcoast Maine, make a quick stop at The Smiling Cow.
- Sea Bags – You might not find a larger collection of tote bags during your travels. These nautical-themed tote bags have become a popular keepsake for sailing enthusiasts.
- Lily, Lupine & Fern – Grab a bottle of award-winning wine for your upcoming evening in your heavenly guest suite, which is complete with a private sauna, air bath, deck, and fireplace.
- Swans Island Company – Swans Island operates out of a charming, historic brick building along Bay View Street. Their selection of blankets, apparel, and sachets is bound to grab your attention.
Relais & Châteaux Camden Maine Resorts
Camden Harbour Inn is a proud member of Relais & Châteaux, a worldwide association of the finest hoteliers, restaurateurs, and chefs. Natalie’s, our on-site AAA Four Diamond restaurant, is a shining example of visual sophistication, culinary creativity, and delicious, locally-sourced ingredients. Not only are we within walking distance from eclectic downtown Camden Maine shopping, but we’re also less than 350 feet from the Yacht Club. Many of our luxurious accommodations feature modern gas fireplaces, rain showers, saunas, air tubs, and visually-striking interior decor. To learn more about our award-winning Camden hotel, please give us a call at 1-800-236-4266, or simply visit us online.